If you need to cancel AT&T Internet, you’ll have a few options. You can cancel your service by phone, in person at an AT&T store, or online. We’ll explain the details of the cancellation process and the best method to use.
Are you Looking for a free phone number, read our guide.
The AT&T Cancellation Policy
You can cancel your service at any time, for whatever reason you like, as long as it’s within the first 30 days of service. After that, you’re locked into your contract unless you pay an early termination fee (ETF). The ETF ranges from $180 to $240 depending on when in the initial billing cycle you decide to cancel. If a customer chooses to cancel their service during the billing cycle but before their next payment is due, they must make up any outstanding balance prior to receiving a refund or credit on their account.
How to Cancel AT&T Internet by Phone
From a mobile device, call 1-800-288-2020.
- This is the standard number for cancelling AT&T services by phone.
- You may be charged a fee for cancelling your service, so be sure to check your bill before calling.
How to Cancel AT&T Internet in Person
- You can cancel in person at a store near you.
- You can cancel in person at the AT&T store.
- You can cancel in person at a retail location.
- You can cancel in person at a retail store.
- You can cancel in person at a retail store near you.
How to Cancel AT&T Internet Online (When You Still Have Service)
You can cancel your AT&T Internet service online at att.com/internet-cancel.
- You’ll need a valid email address and the last four digits of your account number to access the cancellation page.
- If you want to cancel by phone, call 1-800-288-2020.
What You Should Know Before You Cancel Your Service
- You will have to pay a fee if you cancel your service before the end of your contract.
- If you cancel your service before the end of your contract, you will have to pay a cancellation fee.
After you cancel your service, you’ll need to return any equipment you received from the company.
After you cancel your service, you’ll need to return any equipment you received from the company. You can do this in one of three ways:
- Send it back via mail. If you choose this method, AT&T will send you a pre-paid label. Fill it out and attach it to the device(s) before dropping them off at a post office or package carrier (e.g., UPS).
- Bring it back in person. If this option is more convenient for you, take advantage of one of AT&T’s customer service centers by visiting their website here and selecting “Bring my device back.” When calling ahead, make sure that the center accepts returns for all types of devices before heading over there!
- Drop off at an authorized retailer location near you with an employee onsite who has access to an appropriate box or envelope.
To know how to cancel AT&T Service watch this video
We hope that you found this article helpful. Cancelwizard wants to help make the process of canceling your AT&T service as easy as possible. We understand that you may have questions about whether or not your cancellation request is being processed, and we are happy to help. Comment below if you need the help required!