The best torrent sites for safe and anonymous downloads are rare to find. Finding one on Google is more dangerous than you might think, as most search results will contain malicious links and irritating ads. We have tested over 50 best torrent sites to make your life easier to shortlist the top 12 best sites for your downloading needs. These sites have good reputations, have been online for a long time, and verify most of their files for safety.
Torrents are a great way to download movies, TV shows, music, software, or any other type of content from anywhere in the world at no cost. However, there is always risk involved when downloading files from an unknown source. This means you need to be careful about where you get your downloads from. To ensure you’re getting quality content without worrying about viruses or malware, we recommend using one of these 10 best torrent sites for 2021.
The Best Torrent Sites in 2021
1. The Pirate Bay- Best overall torrent site
6. YTS (YIFY Torrents)
However, using these can put your online safety at risk because you’re interacting with unsourced sites, and they can be dangerous for your online activities- that’s why I strongly recommend using a powerful VPN with this list of best VPN providers below.
Most free VPNs don’t support torrenting, and many block P2P traffic. Many of them can’t compete with the military-grade encryption and other security features that premium VPNs offer. Because of this, there’s often no guarantee you’re truly anonymous while torrenting.
Best VPNs for Accessing Torrent Sites Safely
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs we've tested when it comes to torrenting. ExpressVPN allows free torrenting and P2P file-sharing across all of its servers. This means you don't have to choose a particular server – you can connect to any server and start downloading torrents without restrictions.
- 3,000+ P2P-optimized servers in 94+ countries
- Lightning-fast speeds for download torrents
- Protect yourself with military-grade encryption, an automatic kill switch, and DNS leak protection that keep you safe.
- Strict no-logs policy to keep you anonymous when torrenting.
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- ExpressVPN offers a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- Compatible with Apple TV, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, and more.
CyberGhost is the first VPN to offer optimized torrent servers. CyberGhost specifically designed these servers for P2P traffic, which means more stable connections and faster downloads. You're also able to access torrenting sites that your ISP blocked. With CyberGhost VPN, your torrent activity is completely anonymous - nobody will be able to tell what you're doing now or ever.
- Adblocker for Android and Windows that blocks torrent ads.
- It offers 7,422 servers optimized for P2P sharing in 91 countries.
- AES 256-bit encryption and multiple security protocols to secure your connection.
- Split tunneling to conserve bandwidth while torrenting
- Connect up to 7 devices at the same time
- CyberGhost offers a Risk-free 45-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, PlayStation gaming consoles, and more.
Checkout these Cashback Bonus
Torrent sites require a VPN to access. Why?
If you visit popular torrent sites, you will notice several warnings for using a VPN before downloading any files. This is an important recommendation.
You are putting yourself at risk using torrent websites without a VPN, whether it’s hackers, watchdog groups, cybercriminals, or even your internet service provider.
Sometimes these website operators provide IP Address logs to copyright lawyers who will come after torrent downloaders.
If you don’t take precautions before downloading torrents, you are putting your online privacy in danger.
Always use a secure VPN when accessing torrent sites and downloading files
How To Choose The Best Torrent Site
- Security is one of the very important parts when you are downloading torrents. Choose a site at least 5 years, doesn’t include many ads. After all, there are plenty of shady torrenting platforms on the internet which could compromise your online security. To increase your safety when torrenting, I recommend using a VPN.
- Torrent type and variety are also important when choosing which sites to use. Make sure your site’s library has a wide mix of different content types. Sites like The Pirate Bay or RARBG have big libraries and sporting torrents from all categories, while sites like Bibliotik or YTS have many book and movie torrents, respectively.
- High popularity is an important aspect of determining how popular a torrent site is. Choose a website that has a high number of engaged users. Look for site with a lot of reviews. Reviews from past users on torrent files are beneficial because they can help you find out whether a file is fake or not.
- High seeder/leecher ratio — A high ratio of seeders to leechers indicates a high level of sharing and results in faster downloads. We did consider including the number of seeders and leechers for popular torrents at the time of writing, but we also realized that’s very seasonal.
- As few ads as possible — Pop-ups that “click themselves” and fake “contests” that you just happened to win without participating in are annoying. You should try another torrent site if you have to click on 8 ads just to download for a file.
- Availability in your region — Check the best torrent sites whether these sites are eligible to access or not. Some countries block torrent sites more than others, so make sure you can access the site in your area.
How to Beware of Fake Torrenting Sites
Scammers and dishonest P2P individuals use false torrents to phish people’s identities, trick them out of their money, or vandalize their computers through malware infections.
Fortunately, you don’t have to be one of those people. There are some obvious signs that a torrent file you’re looking at is fake or should at very least be dealt with carefully.
How to identify fake torrents
- If you’re downloading from any torrent website, you will have to check the comments.
- If the torrent is latest and leechers and speeders are more, it is fake( As fake Torrent providers use some software to show like that)
- You will start downloading the torrent by enabling sequential download, so after downloading 2 or 3 pieces, play the video if you see that codec is required; it is fake.
- After gathering torrent metadata, we can see files downloading. If a file is in the compressed format, it is fake; generally, there is no need to compress files ).
- If you regularly check torrent sites, sometimes we can see Movies/Series even not released (Some may actually leak) points to be remembered for those.
- You cannot get Blu-Ray print before the release date.
- Check files section max; it will be compressed files or WMV or WMA files.
- .exe files will be there (most dangerous)
- Check release date in Google.
Points to that should be in mind before torrenting:
- Check the Seeder/Leecher Ratio
- Download ‘Verified’ Torrents
- Avoid Downloading the Latest Movies/Series
- Stay Away from WMA and WMV Files
- Double-Check RAR, TAR, and ZIP Files
- Double-Check EXE Files
In last but not least, please don’t go ahead and download any of them you see. We suggest you use trusted platforms from our best torrent site list.
Unfortunately, it’s challenging to find good torrenting sites on google. Above all, named sites have a reliable background history and take measures to keep you secure and safe.