Salesforce is one of the most popular cloud-based CRM (customer relationship management) tools available. Companies worldwide use it to manage their customer data, automate some sales processes like lead tracking and pipeline management, and provide a host of additional features that are useful for sales professionals.
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform that’s used by sales, service and marketing teams to help them manage business processes. It helps users to track leads, opportunities and deals; manage customer relationships; automate repetitive tasks through its workflow automation tool; create dashboards and reports in real time; share information between departments or partners; and connect with other systems through the API features.
Salesforce has been around since 1999 when it was founded by former Oracle vice president Parker Harris (hence the name). Initially intended for managing sales teams from multiple products like CRMs, ERPs etc., today Salesforce also offers solutions for many other areas like marketing automation or human capital management. The company now has over 30 offices worldwide with more than 100 employees working on its headquarters campus in San Francisco alone!
Why is Salesforce so Popular?
Salesforce is the most popular CRM in the world, used by over 100,000 businesses. It’s also one of the most powerful and flexible platforms available today. Here are some reasons why:
- Ease of use – Salesforce makes it easy for anyone to create a CRM that fits their business needs without needing a complicated set-up process or technical skillset.
- Affordability – With no per-user fees or setup costs, Salesforce offers great value for money and will scale your business as you grow.
- Power – The platform comes with hundreds of pre-built apps so you can do more with less effort–like tracking leads from start to finish across multiple stages of the customer journey; engaging customers with an automated email campaign; and creating customized reports so you can see exactly how your sales pipeline is performing at any given point in time (or even create custom dashboards).
Does it Require Me to Know Code?
Salesforce is a comprehensive cloud solution that includes all of the features your business needs to succeed, from CRM and lead management to analytics and customer service. The platform is designed to be intuitive for users at all levels, so you don’t have to learn how to code in order to use it.
There are several ways for users without technical skills or coding experience to build apps on Salesforce:
- Visual tools allow you to build simple applications without writing any code at all; these are great for small-scale projects or quick solutions.
- If you’re looking for something more complex, you can use an API (Application Programming Interface) builder like Apex Code Builder or Lightning Components Builder in order to write custom code that’s easy enough, even if you’ve never done it before. You’ll still need some basic programming knowledge, but by using one of these free resources instead of building everything yourself from scratch, it will be easier than ever before!
And finally—for those who want their own set of customized functions but don’t want the hassle associated with building them themselves—there’s no better option than searching through the AppExchange marketplace!
Is Salesforce Easy to Use?
If you are new to Salesforce and are trying to determine whether or not it is the right CRM for you, it can be overwhelming. There are many factors that will influence your decision:
- Are you already familiar with CRM software? If so, Salesforce may be a better fit for your business.
- Do you use other technologies at work or in home life? Salesforce integrates with many other platforms and tools, so having a basic understanding of these technologies can help make the transition easier.
- Will this software meet all my company’s needs? If not, how far off base am I going to be when using it?
- There are plenty of Salesforce consulting companies available on the Internet, so you can always get help from professionals.
Does it Integrate with Other Sales Tools?
If you’re the type of salesperson who likes to have your ducks in a row, Salesforce can help. The platform offers an impressive amount of integrations with other tools and platforms, including Shopify, Zendesk and G Suite (formerly known as Google Apps).
Salesforce also has a marketplace for third party apps that allows users to add new functionality to their accounts at the click of a button. This includes everything from customer relationship management (CRM) solutions like HubSpot and SAP Concur to Gmail plugins like Boomerang or Streak CRM.
Can I Set it up on My Mobile Device?
Yes, you can set up on a mobile device. The Salesforce App is open to people with Android and iOS devices, while the Salesforce app is only available for Windows. The Salesforce app is the most popular option because it’s easy to use and available on all major platforms.
You can also use your tablet for setting up (iOS or Android), desktop computer (Windows), laptop (macOS or Windows), and smartphone (iPhone/Android).
How Much Does it Cost?
Pricing is based on the number of users and the number of seats you have. It’s also based on how many features you use, as well as the size of your company and its industry.
To get a sense of what it will cost to use Salesforce, we’ve created a pricing calculator so that you can see how your particular business compares with others in your industry.
How Do You Get Started?
So how do you get started with Salesforce? Well, first things first: You’ll need to sign up for an account. Once you’ve done that, it’s time to decide whether you want to use Salesforce as a free trial or paid user. Either way, once you’re signed in, it’s time to get your hands dirty and start playing around with the software!
Once you’re set up with a username and password—and have entered in all of your business details—you can begin exploring the different elements of Salesforce. First things first: The main dashboard is at the center of everything in this platform; it will display all of your company data from multiple angles so that you can quickly see what information is relevant at any given moment. From here on out we’ll walk through each element within this dashboard before moving onto other features like Campaigns and Reports (as well as additional sections).
Not sure where to start? AWS vs. Azure vs. Google Cloud – Cloud Platform Comparison 2023
Salesforce is a powerful tool, but it can be intimidating for those who are unfamiliar with how it works. If you’re looking to start using Salesforce in your business or organization, now is a great time to do so.
With Salesforce’s new focus on small businesses and nonprofits, there really has never been a better time than now!