Coinstar is a company that collects coins and turns them in for cash. The Coinstar machine is a kiosk that allows you to exchange and either change your coin for cash or a gift card.
This is the best option if you don’t like to carry all heavy coins around with you. Let me show you how does Coinstar works and would prefer the convenience of hard cash or a gift card instead.
Coinstar machines can be found easily in grocery stores, gas stations, malls, and even some restaurants. With every purchase at any one of these stores – including groceries like Walmart-your change will automatically go into the coin slot on side of the machine with no more need to carry it in our pockets.
How does Coinstar work
Coinstar makes it easy to cash in your loose change. Just pour your coins into Coinstar kiosks and let us do the rest. Points mentioned by Coinstar:
- Free coin counting is available at most locations in the United States if you cash in your coins for an eGift Card or make a donation to your favorite charity. You can choose one of three convenient options from the Coin desk: get cash, which has an 11.9% fee (fees may vary by location).
- Please first check that your coins are clean and dry and that you have removed dirt, debris, and other items that may jam the coin tray or prevent the counting process. Add coins to the tray. Pick up the handle, and guide your coins into the slot.
- Check the return tray for any unrecognized coins. When all your coins are counted, a paper voucher is received for cash, or an e-gift card voucher, with a unique code above it. If you chose to donate, you will receive a receipt for the donation.
- If you have chosen cash, please take your voucher to the cashier. Please issue the cash voucher on the day it is issued. If you have selected an e-gift card voucher, you can use the unique code printed on the top of the voucher to do retail stores, restaurants, or online shopping (Amazon). If you have donated your coins to Charity, keep a receipt for your records.
How to get Coinstar fees-free
Probably not every time. If you exchange your coins with an e-gift card, free coin count is available in most places in the United States. Coinstar has over 20 online stores and restaurants. If you decide to exchange your coins for cash, there is an 11.9% coin processing fee. Fees may be chargeable by location.
Convert your coins into a Gift Card:
If you are thinking of a bigger one through your small savings, Coinstar now gives you the option to exchange your coins for electronic gift card vouchers for some of the most popular brands around you, such as Walmart, Amazon, and many other brands stores.
Simply insert your coin, and select your desired gift card, and will print a receipt with a unique code by a machine that you can use the same store as you use a physical gift card.
Coinstar e-Gift Cards Stores
This is right; Keep save every penny you own when you want to redeem your coins for an e-gift card to one of Coinstar’s store and restaurant partners.
Coinstar gives paper eGift Cards that have a unique code printed on paper. They work the same as plastic gift cards. Use can use your code when you pay at the store, restaurant or when shopping online.
Note: Not all e-Gift Cards are available on every kiosk. eGift Cards’ options availability may vary by retailer.
Coinstar is a digital kiosk service, serving 5 major countries in the world, with around 20,000 kiosk locations across the US, Coinstar, a convenient and reliable coin for large-scale merchants, grocery, and drug stores, and financial institutions. Provides counting services. Consumer solutions include coin-to-cash, coin-the-gift cards, and gift choices of charities. For kiosk locations and information, visit www.coinstar.com.
Coinstar near me
20000 kiosks in four countries mean there’s likely a Coinstar kiosk located in a grocery, mall, restaurant, supermarket, Gas station, etc. Search by city or zip code to find your kiosk. It’s easy. If you want a Coinstar instant location just simple Go to Coinstar kiosk finder. Then enter your zip code or city and it will show you the stores that have a Coinstar kiosk.
Add cash to Amazon Cash at Coinstar kiosks
If you want to shop on Amazon or you don’t have a credit card or debit card no problem you can use your Coinstar cash to your amazon and buy anything you want there are no fees charged for adding cash, Now you can add cash to your Amazon Balance from Coinstar kiosks and enjoy the same benefits of shopping online.
How it works:
- Select Cash Services on the Coinstar home screen
- Enter the phone number associated with your Amazon account
- Insert bills into the cash acceptor totaling any amount between $5 and $500 -the cash value is immediately added to your Amazon Balance
- Shop Anything on Amazon.com
For additional details on Amazon Cash, including full terms and conditions, customers may visit amazon.com/cash.
How To Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar Kiosks, Powered by Coinme
Coinme is the first licensed Bitcoin ATM company in the United States and its collaboration with Coinstar which now operates the largest bitcoin kiosk network in the United States. Here are some below steps:
Four easy steps:
- Create a Coinme account
- Find a Coinstar kiosk near you
- Insert cash into the kiosk
- Redeem & receive BTC instantly
Here I show you how it works and how can you buy Bitcoin from Coinme at Coinstar Kiosk, here’s what you need to do:
- Insert bills in the machine
- Enter your phone number
- You get a voucher to redeem your coins
- Go to redeem your voucher
- Fill in your email, phone, full name, and code
- You then need to verify your identity (powered by Onfido). You can either use your passport, driver’s license, or ID.
- You are asked to take a selfie
- Verification happens under 5mins (Machine learning?) and you are asked to create a wallet on Coinme
- Once you’ve created your wallet, it asks for the PIN and the bitcoins are transferred to your wallet.
- From there, you can receive and send your Bitcoins.
Coinstar is a convenient way to get cash for your coins. Just pour your coins into the kiosk and let Coinstar do the work of counting all those loose changes that you’ve been holding onto. Coinstar offers 20 plus services and you can find Coinstar kiosk easily by Google map or local map too.