Digital Credit Union (DCU) offers a referral program that gives you $100 for new members, and if you are a current member, you’ll get a $50 reward.
To get a $100 bonus successfully, new members must open a DCU Free Checking Account with EITHER 5 qualifying transactions OR a recurring direct deposit (loan products also eligible to qualify).
Plus, if you open DCU Primary Savings Account, you can earn a 6.17% APY on balances up to $1,000 with no requirements to qualify for the high APY.
Membership in DCU is open to anyone through membership in Reach Out for Schools ($10 fee), Merrimack River Watershed Council, Inc. ($35 fee), and other select organizations. Membership is also open to those who live, work, attend school, or worship in Lowell and Worcester, Massachusetts, in Cumming, Norcross, or Gainesville, Georgia, and select areas of Chelmsford and Tewksbury, Massachusetts.
Once you become a DCU member, you can participate in the DCU Referral Program to give your friends $100, and you’ll earn a $50 bonus for each new member you refer.
You can share your contact info in the below comments to exchange DCU referrals with other readers.
DCU Membership Eligibility
- Eligibility by Family Relationship to a Current DCU Member
Relatives of DCU members are eligible to join if they are spouses, domestic partners, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, or siblings (including adoptive, in-law, and step relationships).
2. Eligibility by Company You Work for or Retired From.
- You currently work for or retired from a company on DCU list of participating employers.
- You have a family relationship (as described above) with a non-member who currently works for or retired from a company or organization in our field of membership.
- Eligibility by Organization You Belong To or join an organization whose members we serve.
3. Eligibility by Community
You are automatically eligible to join DCU if you live, work, worship, or attend school in one of the communities on our list. Any business or other legal entity located in one of these areas is also automatically eligible to join. Read full Eligible for Membership with DCU.
DCU Refer-A-Friend Program
Once you join DCU, you can participate in the DCU “Give $100, Get $50” Referral Program to share referral bonuses with your friends and family. It’s that easy.
Once their membership is opened, new members will need to open at least one of the following in order for you both to qualify for the referral bonus:
- Checking Account with recurring Direct Deposit of your payroll, retirement, Social Security, or other monthly recurring income.
- Checking Account with at least five qualifying transactions; debit/credit card transactions, bill payments, balance transfers, or P2P transfers in the same month.
- A vehicle, RV, boat, or mobility loan (purchase or refinance).
You will get $50 when your referral opens a new DCU membership and qualifies for a qualifying product, and they will get $100.
DCU Primary Savings 6.17% APY
You can earn 6.17% APY on balances up to $1,000 when you open your DCU Primary Savings Account.
There are no requirements to qualify for this great interest rate on your savings.
DCU requires a $5 minimum opening deposit to open a Primary Savings Account and maintain your membership.
You will earn 6.27% APY on balances up to and including $1,000 and 0.25% APY on balances over $1,000.
If you are a DCU member, please feel free to exchange your contact information for sharing referrals in the comments below this article, along with your DCU experiences.